Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fishy Valentine

Starting this blog & I'm already weeks behind but nonetheless here is one from a suprise double date dinner a day after Valentines. The restaurant we went to was Yashin Ocean House, with the tagline 'Head to tail', was a rather unusual and unique dining experience.


If you're familiar with the original branch Yashin Sushi & Bar , this is their sister branch which opened its doors September 2013.  The concept of this restaurant is a strictly seafood only, using almost every part of the seafood, and therefore there is no meat on the menu.
Tables are usually fully booked however they have a huge bar space which personally I prefer as I love observing the chefs at work preparing the dishes. 

We had a few dishes that night which included yellowtail, octopus, tuna but my favourite was definitely the omakase sashimi with all the yummy toppings which was infused with lemon/orange mist.
Overall, i'd have to say I still prefer the original branch but that's just my opinion ;)!!





OPEN HOURS

Lunch 12pm – 3pm (Last Order 2pm)
Dinner 6pm – 11pm (Last Order 10pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment